Cool Science Updates for May, 2o13…
- NASA’s Cassini spacecraft sent back images of a hurricane on Saturn that measures 2,000 kms;
- A bioengineered windpipe made with stem cells was transplanted into a two year old girl;
- A study found that inflammation in the hypothalamus may be the cause of aging;
- A possible reason was identified for why embryonic sand sharks eat their siblings in the womb;
- Researchers 3D print an ear from cells. It contains the electronic components that will allow it to work as a functioning ear;
- Researchers re-sensitized antibiotic resistant superbugs using a complex found in human breast milk.