I’m sure, my precious little geeks and nerdlings, that you have better things to do on a sunny, warm, summer Sunday afternoon than hanging out on Facebook.
Sadly, as I hate warm weather, and the sun… and frankly summer Sundays… there I was, minding my own business, when what to my wondering eyes should appear…
(The Sheep Chair)
Yes, boys and girls, the Sheep Chair.
It took me a second or two to gasp what I was looking at. Nope, it was a Sheep Chair, all right!
Naturally, I shared it.
And this is where the adventure started.
(Another Sheep Chair)
A dear friend of mine, KB, ‘Facelifted’ it from me and posted it on her page and tagged me on the photo.
KB has many more FB friends than I do… and as they are a chatty, cheery bunch, they felt moved to comment on the photo.
Being tagged, I got notices of all of said comments.
What ensued was an orgy of puns, double-entendre and plays on words.
(Yet Another Sheep Chair)
Here are a few examples…
- Wow. You scored tickets for the Sheep Seats.
- Oh, that was baaaaaaaaad.
- Well, at least you didn’t try to pull the wool over our eyes.
- I HERD that!
- I only have eyes for ewe!
- Wool you all stop?… lol
- A good chair to get drunk in… If there is a better place to get three sheeps to the wind, I’d like to see it!
- Try to get a good price on it, I know of three individuals who have gotten fleeced by this guy…
- ”…she said, sheepishly.”
- The perfect chair in which to eat Shepherds Pie!
And on and on it went. You get the picture.
Some animal rights people were a bit miffed (and sickened) by it, so as a kind of fair and balanced equal time thing, I posted this photo.
(Skeleton Rocker) 
Not sure it helped, though.
One thing the flurry of groaners did was put me in mind of the classic song, Embraceable You.
And for that, it was all well worth the pain.
For those of you who have never had the pleasure, here is the incomparable Ella Fitztgerald singing George & Ira Gershwin’s Embraceable You.
 I SO want this!